sew a thon night three

I took a break tonight from my Dandelion quilt to work on my Moda Bistro quilt. I started this quilt in June, got the blocks finished than put it away. The pattern called for a piano key border made from the leftover jelly roll strips. I wasn't too fond of the idea so thought I would pick up some yardage of my favorite print from this line. That was when i discovered that this line isn't available until September!


After tossing around the idea of a wide black border, a skinny black border, I've opted for no border at all. I also *created* two extra charm squares by sewing a jelly strip together to make an even amount of blocks so the quilt would be more square.

This is my second finish for Peg's 5 in July Challenge as well.
Don't forget to see how Cindy is doing with her quilt

6 comments:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

It looks amazing, Rhonda! I think it will look perfect with no border at all.

Tine said...

It looks great! I like these fabrics a lot :-)

Darlene said...

I love it! I've been thinking about using a similar pattern for a Charm Pack and Jelly Roll I have. It's perfect.

Regina said...

I like it with no borders -it's great fabric.

Teresa said...

I like it very much. I don't always put borders on my quilts either. Great job!

Donna said...

Love it. I may copy your pattern with some fabric I have. But first some more finishes. Way to go on your second finish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...