bagged

Sorry there wasn't/isn't a Quilt Monday today. We had my Grandpa's funeral today and our weekend has consisted of helping set up for the service, picking up family members for airports and just getting together as a family. In all that, we even had a birthday. Our oldest turned 14. I can't believe I am a mother of a 14yr old! Am I that old? Don't answer that lol.

The service was lovely, thank you all for you kind words regarding my Grandfather's passing. At 98yrs old, every year we had with him was a gift

Saturday my sister in law Erica, mom and cousin Melody decided we needed to bag. They went off for a quick fabric pick-up to Hamels, and don't worry, I'm staying strong on the fabric diet!

Our pattern of the night, the Buttercup Bag. Erica decided to make her's the regular size with a fabric strap. The rest of us went with the larger bag and handles

Just over 3 hours later, we had 4 bags finished! I love how super easy this pattern is. We did change it a bit and added some pellon to the lining to stiffen the bag up a bit more. We also changed the pleats in the front of the bag and added an inverted pleat to the middle instead of having the pleats go all in the same direction.

Erica's bag



Mom's



Melody's



Mine



The bags were so quick, mom decided to sew the binding on the quilty I snuck in the other day at work



And Erica decide we needed to make another bag so her she is prepping the pieces of a Phoebe Bag



Stay tuned to see how those turn out

8 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Cute bags!

rachel griffith said...

again, sorry about your granddaddy.
:(

all the bags are cute, but i am in love with yours.
looks twilightish.
:)

onlymehere said...

Love the bags.

Lorie said...

Yep, you are old just like me except my oldest is 21...lol! Just accept it...it is okay!

The bags are wonderful! I'm glad the service went well and that you got some time to sew, too!

HUGS!

Kimberly said...

Fab!

Barb said...

Sorry about your grandfather....

Love the bags....what a fun way to keep the mind occupied.

Susan G said...

Love this Buttercup bag. Thanks so much for sharing. I've got sooo many bag patterns and have only made one. Shame on me! You are inspiring me to get going.

Angie said...

That is the cutest buttercup I've seen! :0) They are all very cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...