like the energizer bunny i am

That's what I felt like yesterday. Even with yesterdays drama I still managed to complete some quilting projects. Or get them to the quilting stage.

First, I got my disappearing 9patch table runner together. I've decided to not go with a border. I'm really pleased with how this has turned out.



Next, I finally got my doll quilt quilted. This wasn't meant to be a doll quilt. In fact, I'm not ever sure if it qualifies for a doll quilt, I'm just calling it that. I bought a scrap bag of fabric and had originally planned on putting the strips into a baby quilt backing. Instead, I cut the strips in half(there is another piece like this) and added the two little borders. Than I quilted it. I did it on my domestic machine and did a loopy meander. Dare I say that this little quiltie took me roughly 3 hours to quilt? Yes THREE hours!



The quilting is no where near perfect; some of my loops look very square lol. But for a first time, I think I did good. I maybe should have used white thread instead of gray on the back though lol.

Next up? The last of the sock monkeys. There's been another baby born!

4 comments:

Barb said...

you have alot of fun things going on...love the runner...

Jeni said...

so cute! love itty bitty quilts!

Michelle Vandepol said...

i heart the little quilts too. if you have sock monkey scraps (no matter how small and hard to stitch) i will buy a couple dollars worth to scrapbook and craft with. (if you're not doing that already ;) have the ladies who lunch tried abby's tracecakes? you would ♥ it

Elizabeth said...

I love the dolly quilt! The colors are so pretty. And the runner is fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...