It's a sad day

A sad day for two reasons. Number 1, my parents leave today for a 23 day adventure around Europe; we will miss them greatly! Number 2, I'm back to work today!! *SOB*

But I get to quilt one of my zig zag quilts. I felt I should do one or two of my own quilts to get back into the swing of work again before I tackle some customer quilts.

This is zig zag is for me. Made entirely from stash fabrics. I have a fun striped fabric I'm going to use for binding. I'm planning on customing this; can't wait!


I haven't decided where this one will live once it's done. Possibly on our bedroom wall; I seem to be running out of places to put quilts lol.

Andrea gave me some charm square packs and when I saw this pattern, I knew I had to use them. This quilt is going to someone very special. My mom's best friend was diagnosed with cancer 2 months ago. She's already undergone surgery and is currently doing chemo and radiation. This quilt is for her. It's the perfect lap size. I'm going to back it with some snuggly flannel and hope she feels the love when she wraps herself in it.



And now I'm off to work. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Wonky Girl said...

Well, I would feel very much loved if someone gifted me with a pretty quilt like that!

Andy said...

Love them! Glad you found use of the charm pack:)
This pattern is on the top of my stack in my office..looking forward to tackling it!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the quilt....and work is good...LOL..have a fab day...and I hope your Mum and Dad have a great holiday..

Val said...

Lovely quilt. Mom and dad will be back before you know it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...