such a great day

Today was the sewing/craft day at Cindy's church.

We all staked out our area's and away we went. Marcia was working on messenger bags for her daughters. She used Stampin Up's Big Shot to cut out the appliqué pieces.



Sarah had a few projects on the go. She was working on some Christmas stockings when I caught her ironing. See that little brown piece of fabric? That is her template so she knows how far to fold each piece.



Sarah also did some work on a bag for one of her kids and started cutting out another messenger bag. She even squeezed in some stamping and completed a few cards.



Cindy worked on some knitting that switched to making yo-yos for a cute craft we found in the winter issue of Quilts and More. You can see the little tree here. How cute is that?



I started working on my Mystery Quilt. I really really want to get this finished; I have way too many UFO's on the go.





Imagine my surprise when it was time to start packing up, I had only TWO more borders to add to the quilt top!!



It's narrower than I like so I'm thinking the last border I may increase the width of the last border. The side borders are on in this picture, I just didn't get a chance to iron them before it was time to pack up. The next border is a pieced flying geese border; it took me 3 hours to complete the 48 geese blocks and sew them into the border strips. Fingers crossed they actually fit lol!!

5 comments:

Lorie said...

What a fun day! I love the quilt...looks perfect to me!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilt is just so lovely .. can't wait to see the flying geese added...sounds like you all had fun.

Amy said...

The blocks to your mystery quilt are beautiful.

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

it was so fuN!

Myra said...

Looks like a great day of fun!!! That craft tree is cute! I have that mag... 8-)
Your mystery quilt is wonderful! Love those blocks and sashings!!! Great fabrics too!!! 8-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...