did you race today?

I joined in with 1 Choice 4 Quilting and took part of the Jelly Roll Race. I've seen this quilt on a few blogs and was excited to finally get to make one.

I had a jelly roll(Wrapped in Paisley) that I've been waiting to use for something fun and this was it.

In total, this quilt took me about 2 hours and 18 minutes-that is from me undoing the jelly roll to finishing the pressing. And it included 1 playdate drop off, laundry starts/stops and 2 escapes by our cat escape expert. Pretty impressive to finish a quilt that quickly.


I probably should have trimmed up my edges but I'll take care of that after it's quilted

I also got 2 other quilt tops completed;
I used the Geese in the Park pattern from Moda Bake Shop.


I used half of a Pure layer cake and bordered the quilt with some Lily and Will.

Quilt #2,


A fat quarter stack from Jo-Ann's and some yardage for borders from my LQS and this is almost ready for a baby shower this week.

Lastly, I had to tear off a border on one of my zig zag quilts. I'm embarrassed to say that I ended up cutting just over 2inches of fabric out; that's a lot of fullness!



Now I need to find some *me* time to get this quilted! I love productive weekends like this :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, you really did have a productive day! And 2 hours, 18 minutes from start to finish... that's pretty amazing.

QuiltSue said...

You have been busy! I love the quilts but I couldn't decide which was my favourite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...